CEO & CTO, Co-Founder
- November 2014 – Present: Co-Founder & CTO, Olympus Sky
- January 2014 – November 2014: Project Management, Tensorcom (Fabless Semiconductor WiGig)
- 2012 – 2013: Co-Founder & CTO, Arynga
- 2010 – 2011: Senior Systems Architect, Invensys Rail
- 2006 – 2010: Principal Systems Engineer, Datron World
- 2005 – Present: Software & Systems Consulting
- 2002 – 2005: Principal Software Engineer, AMCC
- 1997 – 2002: Director of Engineering, Solectek
Bart Shields has been in engineering over 30-years, primarily focused on embedded design of wireless and data communication devices. He has implemented data communications protocols from the MAC layer up to the Transport Layer and above, including the design and implementation of a Wi-Max like protocol (WCOPP) (before there was Wi-Max), IP, ICMP Ping, ARP, Reverse ARP, TCP, SNMP, and MAC protocols for two separate products as well as designing a Sensor Node MAC based upon Distributed Queuing.
He has provided the system architecture for multiple separate products; including wireless broadband routers, multi-band tactical military radios, V2I configuration management system via OTA, and most recently, Olympus Sky’s certificate free cryptographic key management system..
Accomplishments and Associations:
- Active Member: SAE, IEEE.
- Multiple Patents pending for Arynga CarSync Design & Arynga Distributed Queueing MAC Protocol Design.
- As CTO of Arynga, Bart was the original Architect of CarSync™‘s innovative, ambitious, and unique design; and also led the Engineering Team’s implementation of the design; which was a contributing factor in Arynga’s 2nd place honors at the Telematics Detroit 2012/2013 Automotive Newcomer of the Year Award.
- 2013: Vice-President & Director, DASH7 Alliance.
- Published Various Papers on Data Communication Protocols in IEEE & SAE.
- Four Pending Patents:
- US Patent Application: 62220448, Organically Derived Synchronized Processes, (Cryptographic) Security Management Protocol (patent which ODSP is based upon).
- US 20140006555Al: REMOTE TRANSFER OF ELECTRONIC IMAGES TO A VEHICLE (i.e. the patent upon which CarSync was based upon).
- US 20140148197Al: EMERGENCY, SECURITY, AND ACCESSIBILITY APPARATUS AND METHODS (Low-power Sensor Node DQ-based MAC patent).
- International Publication Number WO 2014/082051 Al: EMERGENCY, SECURITY, AND ACCESSIBILITY APPARATUS AND METHODS (i.e. the international patent filing for the Low-power Sensor Node DQ-based MAC patent).
- 1985: M.S.C.S., University of Louisiana at Lafayette, GPA 3.98
- 1982: B.S.C.S., University of Louisiana at Lafayette, GPA 3.137